Wednesday, June 29, 2011

BuzzNet's Clarissa Brucato Reviews the 100 Monkeys Show In Cincinnati

BuzzNet's Clarissa Brucato Reviews the 100 Monkeys Show In Cincinnati

I wish I could find the right word(s) to describe tonight. Exquisite, amazing, wonderful, fun, epic, heart-warming, life-changing, refreshing, jaw-dropping, impressive, and many other words would fit in this description of my night. Pretty much what I want to get out in the open is that everyone needs to see 100 Monkeys live, asap.

I can't lie. The reason I found out about 100 Monkeys is because I heard Jackson talk about it. But that isn't the reason I listen to them or the reason I went to their show (although it was a nice plus). The reason I went is because they are true musicians. They each play drums, keyboard, bass, guitar, bongos, and the trumpet! After every song they set down the drum sticks, guitar, bass, or tambourine and handed it to the next guy. Each of them had an opportunity on stage to play each and every instrument. How many bands are out there that can do that? HELL, HOW MANY GUYS DO YOU KNOW WHO CAN ACTUALLY PLAY THAT MANY INSTRUMENTS FLAWLESSLY? Am I right?

I was totally blown away. I only know a few songs of theirs so I was being exposed to an entirely new world of music with their new and old stuff. They played a few songs from their record that just came out today, Liquid Zoo - I am opening iTunes as we speak so I can buy it! It's so amazing!

The way they act when they play is more than just a guy standing in front of a mic, singing words from a song. When Ben closed his eyes and sang the lyrics to a song, you felt it. You could tell he was singing from the soul and not just letting words spill from his mouth. He felt every word and it made the show so intimate because you felt attached to every word. Same thing happened when the other Ben sang, Jared, or Jackson. You felt a true connection to the words. They are so into their music and I have never, and I mean never, seen any musician act that way in my life. They felt it emotionally and physically. The amount of talent those men have could make the world explode.

And to add to the wonderful night, Jackson was thanking the fans during the last song and jumped off stage. Since I was taking photos of them I was standing in the photo pit to the side and he came over, grabbed my arms, looked me straight in the eyes, and said "thank you!" and smiled then thanked my two friends I was with. I can't even begin to tell you how touching that was and how thoughtful it was of Jackson to do that. Not all bands jump off stage to shake hands with the fans and personally thank them. Usually they will say "thank you *insert city here*" , wave their hand in the air, then leave. Jackson isn't your typical musician. He shook everyones hand in the front and locked eyes with them. AMAZING.

If you aren't convinced to go to a show, you must be crazy. 100 Monkeys put on the best show I have ever seen - and I have been to plenty of shows. So get your butt up, go to a show, and you will understand every word that I have written. I promise you won't regret it. It's the best decision you will ever make.

Thank you, 100 Monkeys for such a great experience!

Source => Buzznet / Via => JRathboneFB

No comments:

Post a Comment