Friday, April 27, 2012

Jackson Rathbone Talks Fans, 'Cowgirls n' Angels' at Dallas International Film Festival

Jackson Rathbone Talks Fans, 'Cowgirls n' Angels' at Dallas International Film Festival

Jackson Rathbone is known worldwide as vampire Jasper Hale in the "The Twilight Saga." He's quickly making a name for himself outside of that sunsetting franchise.

Rathbone has two movies in post-production right now, one, "Cowgirls n' Angels," coming out May 25. I had the opportunity to interview Rathbone at the Dallas International Film Festival, where the film made its U.S. premiere.

What was the biggest challenge for you filming the movie?
I think the biggest challenge for me was deciphering the difference between the Oklahoma and Texas accents. Now there's a difference even in just regions. You have to be careful with that. There's a little rivalry between Oklahoma and Texas. The biggest challenge for me was taking my Texas self out a little bit.


Share with me a good experience you had filming the movie.
I met some amazing people in the cast and crew. I had a lot of fun out there in Oklahoma. I met some really good people down there. I played music with them and found some great red dirt players. Red dirt is kind of the bluegrass country of Oklahoma.

It was a really fun movie. I think people are going to fall in love with it.

I've seen you with your fans. You really give of yourself to them. You take your time to meet and greet as many of them as you can. Why?
[I'm lucky] to be in the position I've been able to be in the last couple of years. It's the greatest feeling in the world as an actor to have an audience. I think you're supported by your audience as an actor. You're nothing without them. You can paint alone, you can do photography alone, and you can play music alone. I've done all those things.

At the end of the day, being on a stage and playing to a group of people is the greatest experience I've ever had in my life, whether that's in a film and I have to wait a year or a year and a half for that film to play to that group of people or if I'm in a play or playing music. I'm connected to my audience. It feels like a relationship. I want to nurture that relationship.

I love my fans and I think it's such a blessing to be warmly received by anyone as an artist. I feel like I have to give them double the love and respect they give me. I really try to.

Can you tell me why someone should go see "Cowgirls n' Angels"?
I think people should go out and give "Cowgirls n' Angels" a try because it's heartfelt and sincere. It's different than anything else out there. There's a lot of films that claim to be family-oriented and they aren't. They're boring or not something people can really enjoy. It doesn't have a unique story.

There's this sense of empowerment for not just girls or women but for family in "Cowgirls n' Angels." You get the idea that there is a great connection when you have family. It's not just the family you're born into, but it's the family you make. The family you make are your friends and the people you choose to bring into your lives.

I think that's something that "Cowgirls n' Angels" really explores. That's what I really loved about the script and what I think people are going to love about the film.

Source => Yahoo / Via => JRathboneFB

No comments:

Post a Comment