Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Juliette Binoche Talks About Robert and Cosmopolis in ''Io Donna'' Italian Magazine

Juliette Binoche Talks About Robert and Cosmopolis in ''Io Donna'' Italian Magazine

I'm 41 years and I understand what is the problem, says her/his character in the film. Life is too contemporary.

Don DeLillo's writing - and the film is very faithful to the novel - it was for me the extraordinary discovery of a universe.

A cold world, without humanity. That forces us to face the nightmare of desire, anxiety to possess everything, the obsession to win, to climb higher up, looking for a "more" is not there.

Although his character is very contemporary, mixing sex and business, and perhaps no longer believe in anything, not even art. What effect did it?

Didi Fincher is a lost woman, just like Eric Packer is lost. It's just one person, its apparent weight is actually a hiding place where reigns anxiety. Cosmopolis speaks of our need to procure money, sex, power and mix everything. A very dangerous game.

Io Donna: Robert Pattinson, who is the lead in Cosmopolis, is a global icon, a living image of beauty and youth. A perfect choice.
Juliette: I met Robert for the first time on set. I must admit that I had not seen his films. And I found in him a fierce passion for cinema, he knows the cinema much better than me. It was lovely and fun to work with him, he's a man who's very ambitious to produce and direct his films one day.

Source => Pellicolerovinate / Via => @catrux---Robert Pattinson Life

No comments:

Post a Comment