Friday, June 8, 2012

Josh Hutcherson Wants 'Some Sort Of Friendship' With Kristen Stewart

Josh Hutcherson Wants 'Some Sort Of Friendship' With Kristen Stewart
'Hunger Games' star reconnects with his 'Zathura' co-star at the MTV Movie Awards for the first time in five years.

"The Hunger Games" and "Twilight" collided over the weekend at the 2012 MTV Movie Awards when Josh Hutcherson ran into his "Zathura" co-star backstage.

"I actually got to talk to Kristen Stewart tonight for the first time in five years, at least," Hutcherson revealed to MTV News. "That was awesome to connect with her again, especially after everything that's happened to the both of us [with 'Twilight' and 'The Hunger Games']. It's nice to just kind of be able to talk again and hopefully have some sort of friendship. She's fantastic."


"Breaking Dawn - Part 1" slayed the dystopian thriller out of the Best Kiss and Movie of the Year awards, but the actor promised there are no hard feelings between the two franchises.

"Honestly, you know what? I've never really felt it to be a competition. And I wish I could pretend like it was 'cause it'd be fun, [but] it's so not. Their cast is fantastic, our cast is fantastic and there's never been any bloodshed. ... Not yet," he teased.

Hutcherson certainly didn't go home empty handed. Thanks to his adoring fans, he took home the Golden Popcorn for Best Fight along with the honor of Best Male Performance.

"Just to be here is always fun, and then to be nominated on top of that is amazing, but to actually win something is surreal," he said. "Best Male means so much to me. The people I was in that category with, like Ryan Gosling, I've said publicly how much I want to be him. The fact that I'm considered on the somewhat same level, it's just mind-blowing."

The excitement for the actor didn't stop there. He caught one of the most iconic performances of Movie Awards history when Johnny Depp took the stage with the Black Keys to perform "Gold on the Ceiling."

"I missed Fun., which I was disappointed in 'cause I wasn't there — as one does when they miss something," he laughed. "But Depp and Black Keys, one of my favorite actors and one of my favorite bands combined, I was just like, my mind was exploding. It was incredible.

"I was like, 'How are there not more people losing their minds?' " he added. "It was pretty insane. I didn't know he played the guitar, let alone could be a rock guy rockin' out and do all these things. It was pretty awesome." And like everyone else with a semblance of interest in this summer's box office, Hutcherson was thrilled to take in some never-before-seen footage of Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises."

"I'm a huge Batman fan. Growing up I actually thought I was Batman," he said. "I wore a Batman mask and cape around until I was like 14 years old. For me, that movie is going to be the most epic thing of the summer, for sure."

Once he helps Katniss save the citizens of Panem, maybe he can take over Christian Bale's role and rid Gotham of its evil? "No. No way," he said with a laugh. "Bruce Wayne, I have to stay away from that. It's too much."

Credit => MTV

No comments:

Post a Comment