Sunday, August 12, 2012

Walter Salles Mentions Kristen with Agenda Magazine

Walter Salles Mentions Kristen with Agenda Magazine

I was not surprised to see that Kristen Stewart can act, but Garrett Hedlund did surprise me. How did you end up casting the actor from the dull movie Tron?
The casting was done six years ago. Garrett Hedlund was one of the first to audition. He came straight from his farm in Minnesota; he’d had to take one bus after the other and had spent the night in nude bars. After two brilliant readings, he asked to submit a text about On the Road. We were struck dumb by his insights. He also made pertinent remarks about
wandering and the insecurity of youth.
Kristen Stewart was a lucky break. I ran into Gustavo Santaolalla, the composer of Diarios de motocicleta, and Alejandro Iñárritu, who had just seen the first edit of Into the Wild by Sean Penn. They claimed to have found my Marylou – a young actress I had never heard of: Kristen Stewart. I met her and she told me that she kept On the Road on her nightstand and that she knew Marylou intimately.

Credit => Agenda Magazine / Via => @KstewAngel

No comments:

Post a Comment