Monday, October 7, 2013

Robert in Italian Magazine "GQ"

Robert in Italian Magazine "GQ"


Translation

You were against commercials, but you define this Dior ad ''an anti-commercial''. Why ?
The product appears only in the last frame, for one. Also, they gave us creative freedom : Romain actually made a micro-film out of it.

Was it the right moment to do a commercial ?
I wouldn't have done it during the ''Twilight'' days, but after two more "intimate" movies, a commercial is good for visibility. In this business, you have to be good at handling your personal.

Do you feel the pressure of taking decisions ?
People think since you're famous you have a team taking care your career. But a lot of us don't have one, and it's really difficult.

Why did you choose the "author movies" path ?
I've always liked that kind of movie, and after ''Cosmopolis'', they've finally started offering me those roles. I'm starting to have a clear view of my career and I'm more demanding. Of course, waiting for the right role, there's risk of going in stand-by.

You look pretty busy.
Yes, but with indie movies you have no certainties. At the moment, for instance, I should start an Herzog movie.

''Queen of the Desert'', and you'll be T.E.Lawrence. An icon.
It will be very different from the original ''Lawrence of Arabia'', I think much closer to the real character. Locations should be crazy: a canyon in the Jordan desert, where no one's ever shot before, but Herzog knows the King and we should make it.

Jude Law, who was a Dior face before you, said : "When you're at the top, you have all the attention you need, but you would do without it. After a couple years, they ask you about the new guy and who's eleven years old !".
He's right ! A few days ago, I met a guy who introduced himself as "the new me". What's wrong with people ? What does it mean "the new me" ? If you don't have a successful movie once every 2 years, you're done. You don't even have time to learn.

Have you learnt to handle fame ?
Fame is a fight to survive ! Some people can't take it and freak out, but I can understand that. With paps hiding everywhere, it's really difficult to meet new people and have new experiences.

Do you spend time with friends ?
When I got to the US, for ''Twilight'', I only knew people who gave me a ride since I couldn't drive. They're my oldest friends.

Do you feel at home in America now ?
I've been living here for a while now, I like California because it's chill, there's something deeply serene in the air. LA is very different now : lots of peole from all over the world live here now.

What do you like doing in your free time ?
I'll disappoint you, but 9/10 times I just lay on the sofa, reading scripts or browsing IMBD in development section. Then I email my agent, asking him what does he think about it.

What's something you can do in LA ?
Surf. But I suck.

In the Dior ad, you drive an old BMW on a beach. Do you like cars ?
Yes, old cars : I have a very beautiful Shelby, but it's always under maintenance. My favourite is a 1956 Merceds, the Gullwing Spider. 3 million dollar car. I think it's best to wait..

What about your relationship with clothes ?
Here's a story : I'd bought a new pair of shoes, someone told me they looked ugly. And I just stood there, dumbstruck, before going out on stage in front of 6 thousand people. I thought I'd gotten over such things, but just a small hint and I find myself nervous about it, like the first time.

Source => Robert Pattinson Moms---@catrux / Via => Robert Pattinson Life

No comments:

Post a Comment