Sunday, November 13, 2011

Jackson Interview with MSN

Jackson Interview with MSN

Jackson Rathbone is a very dedicated guy. He loves to act, produce and write and, most of all, he loves music. “I bring my guitar everywhere, even on set!”

Q: So,you’re a great music fan. Do you prefer music or acting?
J: You know, if you point a gun at my head and you ask me to choose one… I will tell you to shoot me!

Q: Ok, let’s talk about your favorite rock bands…
J: Most of all the Rolling Stones, obviously ! Sometimes I wonder about who has been the best frontman ever: it’s a challenge between Jagger ,Freddy Mercury and the Pink Floyd. But I also love Tom Waits.

Q: What about Springsteen?
J: Once, while I was playing with my band at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park, someone came out yelling: “Bruce is playing in the street!” He had been playing just three songs, so we came there when he was leaving… damn!

Q: Let’s talk about cinema now. Have you ever pinned up a movie poster on your wall when you were a teenager?
J:Yes, it was “ A Clockwork Orange”. But my father took it out as soon as he saw it! I had one poster of Robert Johnson ,a blues guitar player, and one of A Clockwork Orange. I was just fourteen years old and my parents were very conservative: I wasn’t allowed to watch this kind of movies on TV.I had to keep my George Romero’s films under my bed! When I was older I confessed it to my father. And I remember he told me: ”If you think I didn’t know it, you’re really stupid!”

Q:Who’s your favorite director?
J: Well, I love Akira Kurosawa but my idol is Clint Eastwood, I like all the things he did since “Play Misty for Me”. He’s a genius. I also like David Lynch and Steven Spielberg. And I can’t wait to see a new movie made by Matt Stone and Trey Parker!

Q:You play Jasper on the Twilight Saga…
J: Yes, I made up my character by studying the civil war; at the beginning I pretended to have a sword with me because I wanted Jasper to be very charismatic, a soldier but with class. You will have the chance to see him quiet for the first time in Breaking Dawn: during the wedding scene he will dance!

Q: What do you think about your fans?
J: I’d love to have more time for them, to give them as much as they gave to me in these years!

Source => MSN / Via and translation => Jackson Rathbone Online

No comments:

Post a Comment