Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Ser'Darius Blain Talks About Camp X-Ray with Huffington Post

Ser'Darius Blain Talks About Camp X-Ray with Huffington Post

This will be your first appearance at Sundance for your film ''Camp X-Ray'' also starring Kristen Stewart. Give us the breakdown of how this all happened.
I'm super excited to be attending Sundance for the first time, especially with so many great films making their debuts there in the past few years. I had just returned to L.A. from filming ''When the Game Stands Tall'' when I got the audition for ''Camp X-Ray''. When I saw the breakdown for my character, Jackson, I saw an opportunity to bring a little lightness to a somewhat heavy script. When I went in to audition for Richard Hicks, I felt an immediate connection to the character Peter Sattler had written. Jackson's a big, kind-hearted jokester but he's also tough and responsible at the same time. I literally just went in the audition room and had fun. I didn't think much about it afterward since this business is such a numbers game so I was pleasantly surprised when I got the call from my agent that I had booked it. ''Camp X-Ray'' was one of the most rewarding professional experiences I've had so far. We had a top-notch cast, a passionate, collaborative director and a story that's going to really provoke some thought when it comes to terrorism and humanity overall. I think it will be well-received.

Source => Huffington Post / Via => Gossip Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment